Taxes for post-secondary students

Are you a parent with a student in post-secondary education? 

The following documentation should be included when submitting your documents for tax preparation.

T2202 / TL11  – This form includes all tuition, education and textbook fees that can be claimed on income tax.  The student must download this form from the institution website.

Is the student living in College or University Residence?   Yes or No

Living off campus or at home and paying rent?  A detailed rent receipt is required.  The following information must be included on a rent receipt:

– address of the rental unit

– name of the tenant to whom the receipt applies

– amount paid

– name of the landlord and the signature of the landlord or the landlord’s agent

T4A – RESP income

T4earned income receipt